Valentine Article: The Meaning of Rose Colors

Red
"I love you," respect and courage.

White
"You're heavenly," reverence and humility, innocence and purity, secrecy and silence, and "I'm worthy of you."

Red + White
Unity

Pink
Grace and gentility

Deep pink
Gratitude and appreciation

Yellow
Joy and gladness

Red + Yellow
Cheerful, happy feelings

Coral or Orange
Enthusiasm and desire

Deep burgundy
Unconscious beauty

Pale colors
Sociability and friendship

Rosebuds
Beauty, youth, a heart innocent of love, "you are young and beautiful."

Red rosebuds
Pure and lovely

A single rose
Simplicity

A single rose in full bloom
"I love you" or "I love you still" (in this case, you can justify not getting a full bouquet)

Hybrid tea roses
"I'll remember you always"

Withered white roses
Beware of these! They stand for fleeting beauty and "you made no impression".

Two roses taped or wired together (to form one stem)
Engagement or coming marriage (don't do it unless you mean it).